Not sure what size storage unit you need? Read through this guide to learn more about what you can fit in our different units. If you need help deciding, please feel free to call us at 453-7131 or stop by 216 Center Rd. Fairfield. Or our Washington location 785-4464 at 1987 Heald Hwy. Union.
I have a studio or a small one bedroom apartment with furnishings:
Rent a 6 x 10 storage unit. 60 sq. ft. Since the units are all 8 ft high, it will accommodate a mattress set, a sofa, table and chairs and boxes.
I have a one bedroom apartment with a deck:
Rent an 10 x 10 storage unit. This unit will accommodate a mattress set, bed headboard, a sofa, table and chairs, patio furniture, washer/dryer and stacked boxes.
My apartment/small home has two or three bedrooms:
Rent a 10 x 15 storage unit. 150 sq. ft. This will accommodate household furniture, patio furniture, appliances, many boxes and extras.
I want to store my boat while I am not using it:
Rent a 10 x 20 unit. 200 sq. ft. Be sure to drain all the fuel from the tank before storing. Be sure to include tongue of trailer when measuring.
I want to store my furnishings from my 3-4 bedroom home:
Rent our 10 x 20 unit. 200 sq. ft. It can hold your furniture, appliances, outdoor furniture, many boxes and extras.
I need to store our car in a garage. How big should it be?
Our 10 x 20 unit will hold most cars nicely. Its 200 sq. ft will also hold extra boxes or accessories. Be sure to drain all the fuel from the tank before storing. if vehicle is very compact, 14’5” long or less, it can go in the 10 x 15 unit. Most vehicles are 19’5” long and require the 10 x 20 unit.
Our office needs to store its records:
Many sizes can work for records which are best stored in boxes. Consider shelving to help you store and search for records when you need them. You may consider a 6 x 10 unit, a 10 x 15, a 10 x 25 or even a 10 x 40 if you have several rooms full of records to store.
I have a lot of furniture and accessories which I want to store for my antique store. What size unit can I get to hold it all?
Consider our 10 x 30 unit, or the 10 x 40 which has an entry door on both ends. With 300-400 sq. ft. you can store a large amount of furniture or inventory until you need it.
Self Storage & Moving Tips Helpful hints to make the packing and storing of your belongings a breeze!
- Use furniture drawers to hold delicate items. Wrap them in bubble wrap or newspaper.
- When packing toys or smaller objects, remember to fill boxes completely, stuffing open areas with plain newspaper to prevent collapsing when stacked.
- Please do not store anything combustible (such as paint and chemicals) or perishable (such as food that is not permanently sealed). These items cannot be stored on the premises.
- When storing lawn and garden equipment, drain any fluids prior to storage in order to avoid corrosive damage.
- Use trash cans to store shovels, hoes and rakes.
- Always use high quality locks on your unit. Evergreen Self Storage sells locks on-site; ask the Store Manager for details.
- Store furniture carefully on boards or pallets.
- Cover mattresses and store them flat on level surfaces.
- Store small items like pots and pans in large appliances, such as stoves or refrigerators.
- Break down items (such as table legs) and store large furniture (like tabletops and sofas) on end to save space.
- Use protective covers and treat wood surfaces before storing.
- When storing business files, label all boxes and construct aisles so files are easily seen and accessible